Sarasota’s roads have gotten more dangerous in recent years, with an increase in severe vehicle crashes and fatal accidents. In fact, there were more than 9,280 collisions, 645 DUIs, and 41 individuals lost their lives on Sarasota County roadways in 2021 alone. According to Florida’s Highway Patrol, pedestrian fatalities have increased in Sarasota County as well. Pedestrians have been struck by cars more than 160 times and 17 of those people were killed in the collision.
If you’ve been in a car accident, you’re probably feeling a range of emotions: scared, confused, frustrated. It’s hard to know what to do next. One of the most important decisions you’ll need to make is choosing the right lawyer to represent you. chances are you aren’t familiar with the legal system and don’t know how to go about finding a good lawyer after a car accident. With so many lawyers out there, it can be difficult to determine which one is right for you. Unfortunately, not all lawyers are created equal. So how can you be sure that you’re picking the best one for your case? Here are a few tips.
First, ask around. See if any friends or family members have used a lawyer in the past and whether they were satisfied with the results. Second, do your research. Read online reviews and compare different attorneys’ credentials and experience. Finally, meet with several lawyers before making your final decision. To learn more about how to find the best qualified Sarasota lawyer for your claim after a car accident, continue reading.
The Cliff Notes: Key Takeaways From This Post
Not all car accident lawyers are the same so we listed tips on how to find better ones in Sarasota; however, here are the key bullet points if you are in a rush:
- Seeking legal representation from an experienced lawyer is important when it comes to car accident claims in Sarasota.
- The type of lawyer needed is a personal injury lawyer, who represents people injured as a result of someone else’s negligent actions.
- To find the right lawyer, you should ask your friends and family for referrals, compare online reviews and credentials, check that the lawyer is licensed in your state, get free consultations, get quotes from multiple lawyers, and make sure you are comfortable with them.
- During the consultation with a Sarasota car accident lawyer, questions should include years of practice experience; testimonials or referrals; approach to the case; fee structure; other expenses; speaking to past clients; and how our attorneys can help.
- It is possible to receive compensation without a lawyer depending on the insurance company but generally having one increases chances of securing maximum compensation amount.
- At Herman & Wells, we offer free consultations for injury victims and their families.
What Types of Lawyers Are Best Qualified to Handle Car Accident Claims in Sarasota?
When it comes to car accident claims, it’s important to seek legal representation from a lawyer who is experienced in this specific area of law. In Sarasota, there are a plenty of attorneys who are more than happy to take on these types of cases. That does not mean they have the skills you need to get the compensation you deserve.
The type of lawyer you should be looking to hire for a car accident case is a personal injury lawyer. This type of attorney represents people who have been injured in car accidents or as a result of some other party’s negligent actions. Their practice area focus is to help victims recover the compensation they need for their injuries. If you’ve been involved in a car accident, a personal injury lawyer can assess your case and help you understand what types of compensation you may be entitled to.
Tips for Vetting Car Accident Lawyers Before You Call Them
If you have been injured in a car accident, you will likely need to hire a Sarasota car accident lawyer. However, it can be difficult to know how to choose the right lawyer. Here are some tips for vetting car accident lawyers before you call them:
- Ask your friends and family for referrals. If they have had a good experience with a lawyer in the past, they may be able to recommend someone to you.
- Ask questions. When you meet with a potential lawyer, be sure to ask them about their experience handling car accident cases and whether they think you have a strong case.
- Check online reviews. Do your research. Once you have a list of potential lawyers, read online reviews and compare their credentials and experience. You can learn a lot about a car accident lawyer by reading reviews.
- Make sure the lawyer is licensed in your state. This is important because laws vary from state to state. You want to make sure the lawyer you hire is familiar with the laws in your state.
- Get a free consultation. Most car accident lawyers offer free initial consultations, so take advantage of this opportunity to get more information about your case. This is important because you want to be able to meet with the lawyer and get a feel for their personality before you hire them.
- Get quotes from multiple lawyers. You should get quotes from multiple lawyers before you decide which one to hire. This will allow you to compare rates and services between different lawyers. Most lawyers, like our Sarasota lawyers at Herman & Wells, work on a contingency fee basis. This means they are only paid when they win your case.
- Make sure you are comfortable with the lawyer you choose. You will be working closely with your lawyer, so it is important that you are comfortable with them.
Following these tips will help you choose the right lawyer for your car accident case.
Questions to Ask Sarasota Car Accident Attorneys During a Consultation
Here are some questions to ask during your consultation with a Sarasota car accident lawyer:
How Many Years Have You Been Practicing Law?
When looking for a car accident lawyer, it’s important to ask how many years the lawyer has been practicing. This will give you an idea of the lawyer’s experience and knowledge in this area of law. Additionally, you should ask about the lawyer’s experience with car accidents specifically. This will help you determine if they have the experience and expertise to handle your case.
Do You Have Any Testimonials or Referrals I Can Look At?
This question can give you an idea of how successful that lawyer has been in the past with similar cases. If the lawyer has good testimonials and referrals, then they’re likely someone you want on your side during this difficult time.
How Would You Approach My Case?
When meeting with a lawyer for the first time after a car accident, it’s important to ask questions about how they would approach your case. This will help you get an idea of what to expect and help you determine if the lawyer is a good fit for you.
What Is Your Fee Structure?
When meeting with a lawyer for the first time, it is important to ask about their fee structure. Many lawyers work on an hourly basis, while others may charge a flat fee. As mentioned earlier, some lawyers also charge a contingency fee, which is based on a percentage of the recovery obtained in the case. It is important to know what the lawyer will be charging in order to avoid any surprises down the road.
Are There Any Other Expenses I Should Expect?
Additionally, you should ask about other potential expenses. Some lawyers may charge for things such as court costs or medical records. It is important to know what to expect financially so you can plan accordingly. By asking these questions, you can get a better understanding of how the lawyer operates and what to expect financially. This can help you make a more informed decision about whether or not to hire them.
Can I Speak to Some of Your Past Clients?
Some lawyers may also be willing to provide you with references or contact information for past clients. This can give you a better idea of what to expect from working with that lawyer and the results of their previous cases.
How can Our Attorneys Help if You Have Been Injured in a Car Accident in Florida?
If you have been injured in a car accident in Florida, it is important to seek legal help as soon as possible. The attorneys at Herman & Wells can help you file a claim and get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. We have years of experience representing clients in car accident cases and know how to get the best results for our clients.
After we’ve gathered all of the information, documentation, and expert witnesses that your lawyer will need to start negotiating for your maximum compensation. When dealing with an experienced and well-equipped personal injury law firm, insurance companies frequently accept a reasonable settlement.
Furthermore, keep in mind that Florida is a no-fault state, which means that your own insurance company will pay for your medical bills and lost wages up to a certain amount, regardless of who was at fault for the accident. However, if your injuries are serious and exceed the limits of your no-fault insurance, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver to recover additional compensation. The attorneys at Herman & Wells can help you navigate the complex legal process and ensure that you get the best possible outcome in your case.
Can You Receive Compensation for a Personal Injury Claim in Sarasota Without a Lawyer?
Can you receive compensation for a personal injury claim without an attorney? This is a question that many people in Sarasota Florida may be asking after an accident. The answer to this question is: “it depends”. If the insurance company is willing to pay your claim, then you may not need an attorney. If the insurance company rejects your claim or offers you a settlement that is far less than what you are entitled to, then you will almost certainly require the assistance of an attorney to ensure that you receive the compensation that you deserve.
There are many reasons to hire an attorney after a car accident in Sarasota Florida. One reason is that the insurance company may try to take advantage of you. Insurance companies are in business to make money, not to pay out claims. They will often try to get you to settle for less than what your claim is worth. If you do not have an attorney, then you may not know how much your claim is actually worth. An experienced personal injury attorney will be able to evaluate your claim and give you a good idea of what it is worth.
Another reason why you may need an attorney is that the at-fault driver’s insurance company may deny your claim outright. If this happens, then you will need an attorney to help you file a lawsuit against the insurance company. If you have been in a car accident, then you should contact an experienced Sarasota personal injury attorney as soon as possible. The sooner you contact an attorney, the better your chances of receiving the full compensation that you deserve.
Book a Free Legal Consultation With Our Sarasota Car Accident Lawyers
It’s important to find a lawyer who will represent you and your best interests. By asking around, doing your research, and meeting with several lawyers, you can be sure that you’re making the best decision for yourself.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, it’s important to seek legal representation as soon as possible. The sooner you start working with an attorney, the better your chances of securing a favorable outcome for your case. At Herman & Wells, we offer free legal consultations to injury victims and their families. We understand that this is a difficult time, and we’re here to help. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.