If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Pinellas Park, it is important to take the opportunity to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. A battle-tested motorcycle accident lawyer can help you understand your legal options and may be able to help you recover compensation for your injuries.
Yes our law firm specializes in motorcycle accidents and we have highly experienced lawyers you can talk to right away. Call (727) 821-3195 or use our contact form to request a free consultation with an attorney. We’ll review the details of your accident, discuss your legal options and can provide additional guidance as needed.
1) What Do Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Actually Do?
This is a lawyer who is an expert in Florida’s personal injury laws and uses that expertise to advocate for people who have been injured in motorcycle accidents. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be able to recover damages for your injuries by filing a personal injury lawsuit. A motorcycle accident lawyer can help you by investigating the accident, gathering evidence, and interviewing witnesses. The lawyer will also help you to determine who is liable for your injuries.
2) How They Can Help You After a Motorcycle Accident in Pinellas Park
If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident in Pinellas Park, you may be feeling overwhelmed and uncertain about what to do next. The good news is that a motorcycle accident lawyer can help you through this difficult time.
A skilled attorney can provide guidance during this process as they are familiar with laws surrounding these kinds of accidents in your state; help file claims for compensation (which often include medical care), make sure all legal rights are protected and negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf – saving you headache and time.
A lawyer can handle the tedious parts of your claim so you can focus on recovering from the accident.
Motorcycle Accidents Can Lead To Serious Injuries
Motorcycle accidents can often lead to serious injuries, and in most cases, motorcycle accidents can even be fatal. Common injuries from motorcycles include:
- Head injuries: Because motorcycle riders do not have the same type of protection as car drivers, they are more susceptible to head injuries. Common head injuries from motorcycle accidents include concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries.
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries: A concussion is a type of brain injury that is caused by a blow to the head. Concussions can often lead to symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, and confusion. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a more serious type of brain injury that can often lead to long-term problems, such as paralysis or cognitive impairments.
- Neck and spine injuries: Motorcycle riders are also at risk for neck and spine injuries, due to the fact that they do not have the same type of protection as car drivers. Common neck and spine injuries from motorcycle accidents include whiplash, herniated discs, and spinal cord injuries.
- Biker’s arm: Biker’s arm is a type of injury that occurs when the motorcycle rider’s arm is extended during the accident, and the force of the impact causes the arm to be pulled out of the socket.
- Road rash: Road rash is a type of injury that occurs when the motorcycle rider’s skin comes into contact with the pavement. Road rash can often lead to severe skin infections.
- Broken bones: Broken bones are another common type of injury from motorcycle accidents. Common broken bones include arm and leg fractures.
- Internal bleeding: Internal bleeding is a serious type of injury that can often be fatal. Internal bleeding occurs when there is bleeding inside the body, and it can often lead to organ damage.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek medical attention immediately. You are more likely to be successful in your motorcycle accident claim if you start medical treatment as soon after the accident as possible, regardless of how minimal you think your injuries may be.
3) The Benefits Of Working With A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Working with a motorcycle accident lawyer has many benefits. First, the most important benefit of working with a motorcycle accident lawyer is that they have the experience and knowledge to handle your case correctly. They will also investigate the accident thoroughly to make sure that you have a strong case. Other important benefits of working with a motorcycle accident lawyer include:
- Collecting sufficient evidence: In order to win your case, you need to have strong evidence. Your motorcycle accident lawyer will collect police reports, witness statements, medical records, and any other relevant evidence.
- Filing the paperwork correctly: There is a lot of paperwork involved in filing a motorcycle accident lawsuit. If any of the paperwork is not filed correctly, it could jeopardize your case.
- Filing paperwork on time: In Florida, the statute of limitations for filing a motorcycle accident lawsuit is two years. This means that you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. If you miss the deadline, you will likely lose your chance to pursue legal action. It is important to note that the statute of limitations is different for personal injury lawsuits and wrongful death lawsuits. For personal injury lawsuits, the statute of limitations is four years. For wrongful death lawsuits, the statute of limitations is two years.
- Calculating damages: In order to receive compensation, you need to prove that you have suffered damages. Your motorcycle accident lawyer will calculate your economic and non-economic damages, such as medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. If you tried calculating damages on your own you run the risk of either undervaluing or overvaluing your case. This could result in you receiving less money than you deserve or having your case dismissed altogether.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: Insurance companies are notoriously difficult to deal with. They will often try to lowball you or deny your claim altogether. A motorcycle accident lawyer will know how to negotiate with insurance companies and will fight for the compensation that you deserve.
- Taking your case to trial: If the insurance company refuses to give you a fair settlement, your motorcycle accident lawyer will take your case to trial. This is a risky proposition, but if you have a strong case, it could result in a much higher settlement.
- Going through the legal process faster: A motorcycle accident lawyer will know how to navigate the legal system and will be able to get your case resolved faster than if you were to represent yourself.
The bottom line is that working with a motorcycle accident lawyer offers many benefits. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important to contact an experienced lawyer as soon as possible.
A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer May Be Able To Help You Recover Compensation For Your Injuries
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident in Pinellas Park, it’s important to understand your legal rights and options. A motorcycle accident lawyer can help you recover compensation for your injuries such as property damage, and other losses. You may be entitled to compensation that falls under the following three categories: economic damages, non-economic damages, and punitive damages.
- Economic Damages: These are damages that have a specific monetary value, such as medical bills, lost wages, and property damage.
- Non-Economic Damages: These are damages that do not have a specific monetary value, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Punitive Damages: These are damages that are intended to punish the person who caused the accident. Punitive damages may be awarded in cases of gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
The amount of compensation you may be entitled to will depend on the facts of your case. These factors could include the severity of your injuries, the amount of economic damages you have incurred, the extent of your non-economic damages, and whether or not the other party acted with gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
4) Why You Should Contact A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer If You’re Injured In An Accident
If you’re injured in a motorcycle accident, one of the first things you should do is contact a motorcycle accident lawyer. Motorcycle accidents can be complicated, Insurance companies will often try to take advantage of people who don’t have a motorcycle accident lawyer on their side.
They may try to convince you to settle for a lower amount than you deserve, or they may try to make you believe that you’re not entitled to any compensation at all. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer will be able to protect your interests against the tactics of the insurance company.
Been Injured In A Motorcycle Accident? Call Herman & Wells
The talented team at Herman & Wells can help you navigate the complex legal process and obtain the compensation you deserve. We have a proven track record of success in motorcycle accident cases, and we are here to fight for you.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact us today for a free consultation. We will review your case and help you understand your legal options. There is no obligation to hire us, and we only get paid if we win your case. Let us put our experience to work for you. Call us today at (727) 821-3195 to schedule your free consultation.